Friday, June 10, 2011

Money Saving Tip #24: Keep Your Tires Inflated Properly

To help you better understand the importance of properly inflated tires, I am going to use a bicycle as an example.

Every weekend, I ride my bicycle more than 2 miles. If I were to ride my bicycle on flat or nearly-flat tires, I would have to exert a lot of energy in order to make my trip. On the contrary, a bicycle with plenty of air in the tires will be much easier for me to ride.

This is the same principle as vehicle tires. Though you are not using your physical strength to power the car, your car uses fuel based on how much energy it needs to get you to your destination. The less fuel you use means you get to keep more money in your pocket.

Bonus Tip: Some gas stations give FREE air, so this tip could cost you nothing but savings.