Saturday, June 25, 2011

Money Saving Tip #75: Eat More Fiber

I must sound completely out of my mind, but trust me on this one. Without going into the science of fiber, just know this: Fiber makes you feel full. If your stomach feels full, you are less likely to eat. You save money in buying unnecessary sugary snacks.

Another benefit to fiber is in your "pipes." Fiber keeps you healthy and flushes out bad stuff that you may eat. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle will save you money.

One of my favorite snacks (or even breakfast) is a peanut butter tortilla wrap. I take a Mission: Carb Balance tortilla and spread peanut butter on one side. Then I roll up the tortilla for an easy portable snack. This wrap will give you all your recommended daily fiber intake (25 grams for adults).  This will cost you about $0.65 per peanut-butter filled wrap.