Sunday, July 10, 2011

Money Saving Tip #102: Use of Coupons: Read the Savings Information

As I am cutting coupons from my Sunday circular, I remind you to read the coupon before you pass it up or throw it away. Let me give you an example.

I just found a promotion in the Red Plum insert promoting 9 Lives Daily Essentials Cat Food. There is a picture of a bag and 2 cans of the Daily Essential variety. There are 2 coupons in the insert. Some may think that the coupon is only for the Daily Essential formula, but I encourage you to read the coupon. The coupon is "Save $1.00 on any ONE bag of 9Lives Dry Cat Food (3.15 lbs. or larger)."

No where on the coupon does it say that you have to buy the Daily Essential variety. By reading exactly what the coupon applies toward, you can save more money by using coupons that you may have bypassed before.