Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Money Saving Tip #150: Hand-me-Down Childrens Clothing

Because I have three children, I have lots of children's clothing at my house.  My 1 year old is wearing clothing from his brother.  I have saved almost every piece of clothing from all my children for any future children.  Because of my stockpile of kids clothing, I have not had to purchase a single piece of clothing for my baby.  He is wearing all hand-me-down clothing.

My stockpile didn't start with my older kids.  I am lucky, because my children have older cousins in the family.  We are extremely fortunate to have hand-me-downs from my two sisters-in-law's children. 

If you know of someone who has a child older than yours, ask them to save their kids clothing so that it can be passed down to you.  I encourage you to offer some money for the clothing.  Whenever my sister-in-law drops off several bags of clothing from her three children, we always give her some money for the clothes.  The money we give her is far less than the money we would have to spend for the cost of these clothes at full-price.