Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Money Saving Tip #159: Buy Consignment Clothing

Not only are there consignment stores for kids and baby stuff and clothes, there are consignment stores for adult clothing too.  Yesterday, I visited a local consignment store that sells women's clothing.  I was pleased to find an Ann Taylor Loft sweater and a beautiful teal tunic.  The price of the sweater was $0.25, and the tunic was $1.00.  They were both in terrific condition.  The reason they were so cheap was because they were on the discount rack. 

When I went to the non-discount section, I found that most of the clothing was $5-6.00.  These are terrific prices for quality pieces, if you are willing to search for them.  I suggest checking the label to see the brand of the item.  Not all the clothing is a great deal.  Look at each item.  Inspect it for holes, fading, pilling, and stains.  You can save a lot of money.