Friday, December 16, 2011

Money Saving Tip #201: Spoons

We are a family of five with 3 small children.  Our kids go through spoons at every single meal.  Oftentimes, we would run out of utincels before our dishwasher was even full.  On occassion, we would have to run our dishwasher half full or rely on plastic utincels.  Then my husband suggested that we simply buy more spoons.  Simple idea that I simply didn't think about. 

If you have a standard utincel set, you probably have 8-10 spoons, knives, and forks.  Don't force yourself to run a half full dishwasher.  Supplement your utincel set.  I went to Target and purchased two additional sets of spoons (each set had 4 spoons) for $3.99 each.  And because we have a plain-design utincel set, the cheap ones I purchased look very similar.  Now, I always have extra utincels in my drawer and hardly ever run out.