Sunday, June 19, 2011

Money Saving Tip #49: Visit an Antique Store

I love visiting the antique stores in my area for lots of different reasons. Not everything in an antique store or antique mall is old. They sell everything from furniture (new and vintage) to dishes to jewelry to toys to books to wall art and everything in between.

The prices are very reasonable and you can negotiate with the booth's owner if they are there. If not, ask the store clerk to call them with an offer for something you want to buy. Chances are, they will reduce the price.

One of the things I love to buy at an antique store is jewelry. Most often, it is one-of-a-kind and not found on every other woman. And, the prices are super affordable.

I visited an antique store today. I purchased two gold necklaces for less than $12.00 each. I found a booth that sold previously viewed movies. I bought myself a DVD for $3.99 and a Disney movie for my kids for $1.00.