Thursday, June 23, 2011

Money Saving Tip #69: Buy Durable, Quality Clothing

Ok, I know this suggestion may sound contrary to my money saving tips, but there is a reason for it.  Rather than buying cheap, thin, non-durable clothing, spend a little more money on a better quality product.  You will find that that piece of clothing will carry with you from season to season and year to year. 

The clothing that is cheaper may need to be replaced from year to year. 

Now, I am not saying to go spend $60 on a t-shirt.  When you visit a clothing store, go to the sale racks first.  One of my favorite stores is Ann Taylor LOFT.  There is no way that I can afford to stock my wardrobe with all their beautiful clothes.  When I walk into their stores, I go straight for the sale racks.  This store sells very good quality clothing, but I pay discount prices for the items.  I can buy a pair of jeans for about $15-$20 and a blouse for less than $20 if I am patient and check back on a regular basis.  I know that these purchases are durable and will last many years.