Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Money Saving Tip #104: Don't Buy a High Chair for your Baby

If you are a first time parent, you may be tempted to go out and buy every awesome baby accessory and piece of furniture. If you are caught in this trap, you will fnd that your bank account will soon be drained.

Something that you may be attracted to is a huge high chair. A separate high chair is an extra piece of furniture that you don't need. I have 3 children and have never owned one. Rather than spending well over a hundred dollars, I opted for a booster seat. My booster seat fits on one of my kitchen chairs and pulls right up to the table. Most come with an optional tray.

My booster seat reclines and has an adjustable seat level. It even has padding. The best part is that I only spent about $25.00 for the seat. We use a booster seat for our kids until they are about 3 years old.