Thursday, July 14, 2011

Money Saving Tip #106: Don't Toss Your Junk Mail

I have gotten some of my best coupons through the junk mail that comes in my mailbox. You would be surprised at the savings that are sent to the "current resident." The other day I got a $20.00 instant cash card for Sports Authority. There are no strings attached. I don't have to open a credit card or anything else.

Kohl's is another great store that sends $10.00 cash cards to my home. I use those cards to start stocking up on Christmas and birthday gifts for my kids. Kohl's has a toy section that is always discounted. They sell Crayola, Barbie, Mattel, Littest Pet Shops, games, puzzles, coloring books and so much more. I have walked out of their store on several occasions by not spending a dime.

Pay attention to the circulars sent to your home. Red Plum and Smart Source are mailed to my home. I use these to double up on the coupons I already cut out of my Sunday newspaper.

So, read through all your junk to get great savings.