Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Money Saving Tip #169: Visit the Goodwill

It's been a few years since I have been inside a Goodwill Store, but yesterday, I went back.  I was looking for some decor pieces for my kitchen above my cabinets.  I bypassed the clothing isles, but the prices for most pieces was $3-5 per item.  They even had winter coats.

I went to the back of the store to look for my specific purchases.  Within a few minutes, I found a great vase for my kitchen.  The price was less than I was willing pay for such an item.  I couldn't help but to look around for any other cheap, hidden treasures.  The toy section was filled.  My daughter found a Littlest Pet Shop house for $2.52.  This normally retails for more than $40.00.  Their televisions (which were on and working) were about $10.00.  They came in all shapes and sizes.  They had furniture, towels, drapes, books, movies, and housewares. 

Before you shop new, visit the Goodwill and see if you can find something slightly used.  You can save tons of money.