Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Money Saving Tip #214: Cheap, Good-For-You Eye Make-up Remover

I use eye make-up remover every night to remove eye shadow, mascara, and eye liner before I go to bed.  Just about every grocery store and drug store sells conventional eye make-up remover.  The price ranges from $5 to $20 depending on where you shop.  I used to buy Target's Up brand of eye make-up remover. 

Now, I use an all-natural, organic oil to remove eye make-up that works just as effectively and is good for my eye lids and skin.  It's called Jojoba oil.  It is pronounced "yo yo bah."  Jojoba oil is terrific for your skin, not just removing eye make-up.  I apply it to my entire body, especially my face.  Unlike some other oils, it does not leave your skin greasy or oily. 

When using it to remove eye make-up, dab about 1-2 drops (that's it!) to your baby wash cloth.  Then rub it on the exterior of your eyes to remove the make-up.  It works fantastic!  Though the cost is slightly more per ounce, you only use 1-2 drops rather than about 1/2 teaspoon of the traditional stuff.  It will last 3-4 times longer than the chemical product you buy at the grocery store.  I prefer the organic option, but it also comes in non-organic too.  It is usually purchased at nutrition stores or on-line.